Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fall Intern: Kristen!

Hey everyone! I'm Kristen, the new web intern here at New Moon. Since I'll be working with the blog and writing entries this fall, I thought I'd introduce myself! I'm a junior at Cornell University majoring in Communication, with dreams of working at a magazine after I graduate (editorial? online? I don't know what area yet!). I actually spent this past summer interning at a magazine in Manhattan, which was such an amazing experience. I was an editorial intern, meaning I got to do a little bit of everything, from picking up garments from showrooms for fashion shoots to researching ideas for stories. I loved every minute!

Manhattan is a great city--especially for three of my main interests-dance, fashion, and art. I had a great time taking dance classes from some of the best dancers out there, indulging in great window shopping (I was an intern after all) and fashion-spotting on the street, and attending gallery openings and visiting art museums.

Some of my interests include environmental conservation and sustainability (I started out as a Natural Resources major!), and also women's place in the business world. We need more female CEOs!

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail anytime and let me know if you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see on here-you can reach me at gweb@newmoon.org. Having already navigated my way through middle school and high school into college, I've acquired a bit of knowledge that hopefully I can occasionally lend out here!

No comments: