Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello New Moon Girls!



Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello Everybody!

My name is Hanna, and I just started interning at New Moon for the summer. I used to be a New Moon subscriber when I was younger, and I loved the poetry, letters, and "Draw Luna" sections, and the stories girls shared in "Howling at the Moon." Now I'm a little too old to subscribe, but I'm so excited to be apart of the blog, something that didn't exist back when I started reading New Moon!


Here's a little information about me! I'm a 21 year old student at the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph, Minnesota. I love to read, hike, bike, bake and cook, play board games, and go out with my friends for Mexican or Indian food! I'm an English major, and I hope someday to be a high school teacher or maybe even work for a magazine as cool as New Moon! This fall I'll be a senior, so I only have one year of college left. I can't believe how fast time goes! I spent my last semester studying abroad in Ireland. It was an amazing experience, and I highly recommend studying abroad when you're in college. There are so many amazing places you can travel to! Some of my friends went to South Africa, Australia, Chile, Spain, and even India!


I'm really excited to be writing and blogging for New Moon, and I hope all you girls will help me out with ideas and things you're interested in. I'll be blogging a lot for the next few months, and I want to write about things that interest YOU! What are you interested in? The 2008 Election? Music? What's going on with New Moon magazine? Movies and Books? Dream jobs? Girls' and women's accomplishments? Feel free to reply to this post with any questions or ideas. This is all brand new to me, and you probably have more experience than I do blogging, so I'd love some help! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
P.S. I included a picture of myself at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. Have any of you ever seen the movie "The Princess Bride"? These Cliffs are the Cliffs of Insanity featured in the movie!


No comments: