Monday, July 28, 2008

Pets, Pets, Pets!


Hey Girls!
How many of you have pets at home? I'm guessing almost all of you have at least one! Growing up my family had four cats, two dogs, chickens, and rabbits! It could be fun at times, but often a lot of work!

My mom just loved animals so much that she would take me and my sister to go volunteer at the Two Harbors Humane Society to walk the dogs and pet and brush the cats. It was nice knowing we were making their day a little brighter and giving them some much needed attention.

The problem was my mom just felt so sorry for all the animals in the pound we ended up taking home quite a few of them over the years. I love animals too, but it was frustrating when all my school clothes were covered in fur because the cats had been sleeping on them or when I woke up at six in the morning to the sound of dogs barking outside at the squirrels.

Looking back on it now though I'm happy we adopted all those cats and dogs from the pound and gave them a better life at our house in the country. It was fun having so many pets, and all though we've cut back to two dogs, two cats, chickens and NO rabbits, I like coming home to them every summer after school is out.

What about you girls? Do you have any pets at home? Do you have any funny pet stories? What do you like better-dogs or cats!?

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I love animals....our family shares a labrador retriever with our grandparents who live about 15 minutes away. I remember when we got her. She has a white diamond on his nose, in between her eyes, and her name is Tula. I love her so much! But traiing was tricky!

Admin said...

I love pets too, any kind:)